7th Grade Math Details
Thinkwell's 7th Grade Math course includes thousands of automatically graded 7th Grade Math problems, printable worksheets for each topic and subchapter, and lots of animated interactivities, and at the core of this complete homeschool course are fun and effective video lessons that students love to use.
Thinkwell's homeschool video lessons feature Edward Burger, an award-winning teacher with a special talent for making math simple for any student. Your homeschool student will enjoy his sense of humor and his obvious passion for teaching math. Created to work with any learning style, his homeschool video lessons will keep your students engaged and entertained so they'll learn the fundamentals of math easily.
Thinkwell's 7th Grade Math has all the features your home school needs:
- Aligned to Grade 7 National Math Standards
- More than 100 topics with 250+ video lessons
- 34-week lesson plan with daily assignments (see lesson plan)
- 69.6 available contact hours (What is this?)
The number of contact hours in a course reflects the amount of time a student will typically spend completing the assignments in each course (i.e. watching videos, doing exercises, taking exams, etc...). Many people think about contact hours as the "seat time" for a course. Thinkwell provides this information so you can ensure that the amount of instruction in a Thinkwell course meets the standards and requirements for your state or region.
- 1000+ automatically graded exercises allow you to track your progress
- More than 50 interactivities with audio.
- Printable 7th grade math worksheets and answer keys for each subchapter and topic
- Automatically graded 7th grade math tests, including 12 chapter tests, as well as practice tests, a midterm, and a final exam
- Real-world application examples in both lectures and exercises
- Glossary of more than 200 mathematical terms
- Closed captioning for all video lessons (most are also available in Spanish)
- Brand-new content to help students advance their mathematical knowledge:
- operations with rational numbers (fractions and decimals)
- operations with integers
- solving equations and inequalities
- rates, ratios, percent, and proportions
- square roots
- Pythagorean theorem
- bar graphs, histograms, box-and-whisker plots, and line graphs
- scatter plots
- lines, angles, and polygons
- transformations, dilations, and symmetry
- perimeter and area of polygons
- circumference and area of circles
- volume and surface area of prisms, cylinders, pyramids, and cones
- experimental and theoretical probability
- probability of independent and dependent events
- permutations and combinations