A 2-in-1 value: Thinkwell's Economics is a college-
level course and is a combination of both our
Microeconomics and Macroeconomics courses.
Featured in our online video tutorials, acclaimed
teacher Steven Tomlinson uses clear examples
and helpful images to explain complicated
concepts so that any student can learn them.
At least one semester in economics is suggested
for a college prep curriculum. A good math
foundation is required for this course; we
recommend Algebra 2 as a prerequisite.
Thinkwell's Economics has all the features your home school needs:
- More than 260 topics with 300+ video lessons
- Economics practice tests and chapter tests for all 17 chapters, as well as midterm and final exams.
- 160 available contact hours (What is this?)
The number of contact hours in a course reflects the amount of time a student will typically spend completing the assignments in each course (i.e. watching videos, doing exercises, taking exams, etc...). Many people think about contact hours as the "seat time" for a course. Thinkwell provides this information so you can ensure that the amount of instruction in a Thinkwell course meets the standards and requirements for your state or region.
- 36-week lesson plan with daily assignments (see lesson plan)
- 1000+ interactive economics exercises with immediate feedback allow you to track your progress (See sample)
- Printable illustrated notes for each topic
- Glossary of more than 450 economics terms
- Engaging content to help students advance their knowledge of economics:
- Supply, demand, equilibrium, and elasticity
- Consumer choice
- Production and costs
- Competitive markets and monopolies
- Measuring output, income, GDP, and cost of living
- Unemployment and inflation
- Aggregate expenditures
- Banking, spending, saving, and investing money
- Monetary and fiscal policy
- International economics