Thinkwell's Pre-Algebra is a great review for
students who have completed Grade 8 Math, but
need more Pre-Algebra help before Algebra 1. It's
also perfect for advanced students who want to
begin Algebra 1 sooner.
Students love to learn Pre-Algebra online with
videos and automatically graded Pre-Algebra
problems. Edward Burger, our award-winning
math teacher, uses example-based tutorials that
break Pre-Algebra into the basics, giving students
the tips and tricks they need to excel at algebra.
Thinkwell's Pre-Algebra has all the features your home school needs:
- More than 100 video tutorials
- 76 available contact hours (What is this?)
The number of contact hours in a course reflects the amount of time a student will typically spend completing the assignments in each course (i.e. watching videos, doing exercises, taking exams, etc...). Many people think about contact hours as the "seat time" for a course. Thinkwell provides this information so you can ensure that the amount of instruction in a Thinkwell course meets the standards and requirements for your state or region.
- 30-week lesson plan with daily assignments (see lesson plan)
- 1000+ automatically graded Pre-Algebra problems (see sample)
- Pre-Algebra tests, including 11 chapter tests, as well as practice tests, a midterm, and a final exam.
- Real-world application examples in both lectures and exercises
- Printable illustrated notes for each topic
- Searchable glossary of mathematical terms
- Engaging content to help students advance their mathematical knowledge:
- Operations with whole numbers, integers, decimals, and fractions
- Variables and expressions
- One-step, two-step, and multi-step equations and inequalities
- Ratios, proportions, and percents
- Simple and compound interest
- Customary and metric units of measurement
- Organizing, displaying, and interpreting data
- Graphing equations and slopes
- Polygons and solids
- The Pythagorean theorem